In order to properly and efficiently store our collections, they are kept in different locations. Don't forget to check before your visit IN WHICH READING ROOM you will have to consult the documents!
- What? Our collection of "paper" archives and microfilms - including files with the old references "AA" and "AB "*.
Where? These archives are kept in the National State Archives - Joseph Cuvelier Repository (AGR-2) and can be consulted in the AGR-2 reading room, Rue du Houblon in Brussels.
* Our microfilm collection and the files with the reference "AB" are presently still kept at CegeSoma but are not accessible .
1. The archives constituted by CegeSoma itself, such as interviews conducted by its own researchers (AA2268), will in theory remain at CegeSoma.
2. Because of their ongoing processing (e.g. in the Wikibase project), some files remain at the Aviation Square for the moment, partially or totally (list of files).
3. A series of files have been definitively transferred to the National State Archives (AGR1) (list of files).
- How do I search? Our archive collections are searchable via the Search engine. Important! To view in Search the contents of the inventory for the requested CegeSoma archival fonds, please scroll down to the bottom of the page under the heading 'Annexes' and click on the title of the fonds in question.
- How do I consult?
1. Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the funds/inventory numbers you wish to consult.
2. You will receive a confirmation e-mail when the documents are reserved for you. Orders are collected twice a week (Monday and Wednesday).
3. After receiving this confirmation, make an appointment in the AGR2 reading room by sending a message to email@example.com.
Tip: A CegeSoma researcher is available to assist you on site every Wednesday.
- What? Monographs, magazines and newspapers, theses, yearbooks, censored press, brochures, leaflets, press clippings. The underground press can be consulted on the website The Belgian War Press.
- Where? Our entire library is located at CegeSoma and can be consulted in our reading room.
- How do I search? Consult the new catalogue of the Library of CegeSoma.
- How do I consult? Cfr Visit to the reading room.
- What? Photographic archives and photo collections, audiovisual collections (e.g. films, sound recordings), posters, etc.
- Where? These sources are available in their entirety at CegeSoma and can be consulted in our reading room.
- How do I search? The photo collections can be searched in our Pallas catalogue. A large number of photos are available in digital format via this catalogue.
- How do I consult? See Visit to the reading room.
Please note: in principle, the originals of digitised documents cannot be consulted.