Adina Babeş (° 1982) holds a PhD in Political Sciences from the National School of Political Studies and Public Administration of Bucharest (2013) and Master’s degrees from Hebrew University in Jerusalem in Israel (2012), University of Bucharest in Romania (2008), and Central European University in Budapest, Hungary, (2006).
Between 2006 and 2018 she worked as senior researcher at the ‘Elie Wiesel’ National Institute for the Study of Holocaust in Romania, and in 2017 as project adviser at the European Commission.
Since October 2018 she joined CegeSoma in the context of the EHRI projects : EHRI 2 and EHRI Preparatory Phase.
In 2020, she was awarded MSCA post-doctoral fellowship under the call H2020-MSCA-IF-2019, project title ‘Nobodies’ Jews: Non-national Jews between Refuge and Deportation during the 1930s and the Holocaust’, ID: 892262, host institution KU Leuven, Belgium.
Adina Babeş has authored several articles and research studies published in volumes and academic journals and presented scientific papers during conferences, seminars and round tables.
Selected publications :
- 2020 – forthcoming of The Holocaust under Romanian authority. Archival resources and historiography, co-authorship in edited volume “Holocaust in South-eastern Europe: Historiography, Archives Resources and Remembrance”, editors Adina Babeş and Ana Bărbulescu, Vernon Press, United States.
- 2018 - Rethinking victims, perpetrators, bystanders and rescuers: a case study on students' perceptions, in edited volume ‘The Public Memory of the Holocaust in Post-Communist Romania’, editor Alexandru Florian, Indiana University Press, United States.
- 2018 – Integration Patterns of Romanian Immigrants in the Israeli Society: Sociopolitical Aspects in ‘Romanian Journal of Society and Politics’ of National School for Political Studies and Administration, new series, vol. VIII, no.1, issue 15, Academic databases: CEEOL, EBSCO – CEEAS, ERIH Plus, Copernicus, DOAJ.
- 2017 - Preventing and combating racism, xenophobia and hate crimes: from the decisions of the European Commission to the implementation in Member States, in 'Holocaust. Study and Research' scientific journal of 'Elie Wiesel' National Institute for the Study of Holocaust in Romania, vol. IX, no. 1(10)/2017, ERIH Plus, CEEOL, EBSCO, Bucharest, Romania.
- 2015 – Religion and Integration in the Israeli Society, in edited volume ʽTo be or Not to Be a Jew’, editors Măriuca Stanciu & Andrei Cornea, University of Bucharest Publishing House, Bucharest, Romania.