Workshop Plunder of Art and Heritage in Belgium during the Second World War - 14 June 2019Recently Patricia Grimsted, the well-known American researcher on the history of the German looting of art and heritage in Europe during World War II, has addressed a number of Belgian researchers with a request to follow up on earlier research and publication projects.
Amsab-ISH has recently started a volunteer project in reply to this request co-ordinated by Michel Vermote and in cooperation with CEGESOMA. Several researchers in many different research centres in Belgium have been involved in this research domain.
CEGESOMA and Amab-ISH organise a workshop in Brussels on 14 June 2019 to round up earlier and recent progress in research activities and to evaluate opportunities of future research. We will start off by presenting the recent initiatives by prof. Grimsted and invite researchers to comment and to make suggestions.
The workshop is free of charge and limited of scope as to participants, envisaging Belgian and international researchers involved, students working on connected topics and research networks active in this domain.
Objectives of the workshop are to promote communication and networking among researchers and to provide opportunities for research and project proposals.
Workshop Plunder of Art and Heritage in Belgium during the Second World War - Friday 14 June 2019, CegeSoma, Luchtvaartsquare 29, 1070 Brussels.
- 13:30-14:00 Welcome and Coffee
- 14:00-14:15 Opening Remarks, by Nico Wouters (Belgian State Archives/CegeSoma)
- 14:15-14:30 Introduction, by Michel Vermote (Amsab-ISH)
- 14:30-15:15 Keynote "Plunder of Library Materials in Belgium by the Einsatzstab Reichsleiter Rosenberg", by Patricia Kennedy Grimsted (Harvard University)
- 15:15-16:45 Round Table, moderator Dirk Luyten (Belgian State Archives/CegeSoma)
- 16:45-17:00 Further Questions
- 17:00 Wrapping up, by Donald Weber (Amsab-ISH)
The Workshop language is English.
If you are interested in joining this workshop - depending on the number of availabie seats - please send an e-mail to email@example.com.